|Fondue bites, BBQ pork balls and Deviled Ham|
Then on Xmas day, I hadn't really made much of a food plan (I know - shocking!) other than breakfast so after we went out to a movie we stopped at the only open grocery store in town - Casa del Mole- and got two large baking potatoes because I also received a wonderful Virginia smoked ham for xmas (thank you Jack and Mindy!) and thought scalloped potatoes and ham sounded pretty damn good on this cold day. SO, I have my potatoes baking and when they were about 3/4 way done I remembered my leftover fondue - which in the past I've used to top my scalloped potatoes and it is awesome! I pulled it out of the fridge and started crumbling it on top of the potato ham gratin - and Richard comes in and says "Huh - why are you putting grits on top of the potatoes??"
And that is when I looked over and realized I was crumbling leftover grits instead of leftover fondue on top! Hello! I mean seriously though - they look just alike and are in the exact same storage container! Well, at least this was an easy fix - I was able to scrape off the grits and apply the correct topping - the cheese - and back into the oven - it came out bubbly and good, didn't even notice those little specks of grits that were probably there - maybe that could be a new thing? Cheesy-grits topping?
Anyway, that is the story of how anybody can be fooled in the kitchen! - It's a tricky place to be ; 0
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced ham
- couple sprigs parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon Sherry vinegar
- ground pepper
- celery, small sweet peppers or saltines to serve
- In a food processor finely chop 1/2 the ham and then put in a mixing bowl.
- Chop the rest of the ham until minced with a knife along with the parsley.
- Add that to the bowl along with the rest of the wet ingredients and mix.
- Put a teaspoon of ham on bite sized pieces of celery or raw sweet peppers or even better saltine crackers.
- Will keep for a few days in the fridge..
Post note: I actually considered for a moment putting a layer in between the scalloped potatoes - but used my sliced ham instead. HA.