Shredded Beef Taco Meat
- 1 ½ cups beer, use a full-bodied ale like Sierra Nevada
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 dried ancho chilies, seeded
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves smashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large onion sliced into ½ inch thick rounds
- 3 ½ to 4 pounds beef short ribs
- Combine all liquids and spices and 1 teaspoon salt in your pressure cooker and cook on sauté for 10 min.
- Create a layer of the whole sliced onion rounds in the bottom of the pot and then add the ribs on top.
- Set your pressure cooker to manual and pressure cook for 1 hour, let cool down for about 15 min then release pressure.
- Remove beef and bay leaves and puree the liquids – be careful and do in batches so you don’t overflow your blender like I did!
- Return liquids to pot and on sauté boil until reduced and thickened about ½ hour.
- Shred beef and return to pot to warm salt and pepper to taste.
Post Note: I adapted this recipe to use the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker - if you don't have one (although I highly recommend it!) Then you can do the same thing but put it all like above in a dutch oven and cover and roast at 325 degrees for about 3 hours.