- 2 Meyer Lemons
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- dash of sea salt
- Finely zest peel from the lemons and then juice them and put in a bowl.
- In a heavy saucepan beat eggs and extra yolks with the sugar.
- Mix the cornstarch into the milk and then add to pan.
- Stir in the lemon juice and zest and cook over medium low heat for a few min.
- Cut the butter into pieces and slowly add them one at a time to the pan, stirring constantly until it thickens a bit.
- Remove from heat and let sit 10 min then whisk until smooth.
- Will keep in the fridge for a few weeks. Serve on top of plain yogurt with scones.